Friday, October 31, 2008

David Lindsay-Abaire to Pen Spider-Man 4

Playwright David Lindsay-Abaire (upcoming Inkheart), who won a Pulitzer in 2007 for his drama "Rabbit Hole," is in final negotiations to write Spider-Man 4 for Columbia Pictures, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire are back as director and star, respectively, as are series producers Laura Ziskin and Avi Arad. Kirsten Dunst also is expected to return for the latest movie featuring the Marvel Comics character.

Plot details are under lock and key.

James Vanderbilt previously wrote a draft of Spider-Man 4.

Lindsay-Abaire's "Rabbit Hole," which starred Cynthia Nixon and Tyne Daly, hit the Broadway stage in 2006 and won four Tonys, including best play. The writer also is known for the play "Fuddy Meers."

Source: Superhero Hype!

4 comments:

Joo said...

Great post! I didn't know the director would change. I hope it's better than SM3

Antonio Ortega Jr said...

I kinda was hoping they would go in a another direction for the next three. I don't think the last movie was good enough to warrant them(Sam, Tobey, and Kirsten) all coming back. They are getting older and Spidey never did age very fast. Not to mention the chem between Tobey and Kirsten was less than not so great last time. I can think of many more reasons to not have them back then to. At least write out MJ for a movie or two. We got a Gwendy now. Or maybe Some Black Cat! Hell, I could even go for Bambi, Candi, and Randi from some of his Chelsea apartment days. But if Sam and the gang deliver another movie like three, the next few years are gonna be rough for Spidey fans.

GreenieGobbie said...

Thanks for your comment, Antonio. I think Sam and the crew should shape up a bit, I want to see something different and exciting. I want to have that same anticipation like I had when the first movie came out. I don't want it to be the same as the first three, but different. And like you said, it is going to be rough for us Spidey fans if Sam did the same mistake like he did in SM3.

maicher said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!
jordan shoes