Saturday, August 7, 2010

RUMOR: Is Christoph Waltz The New 'Spider-Man' Villain?

The Playlist has posted on their blog that actor Christoph Waltz (from 'Inglourious Basterds') is being considered to be the next villain in the 2012 "Spider-Man" reboot. Now this hasn't been fully confirmed by Sony, if they're actually interested in having Waltz as their new Spidey villain, so this remains as a rumor for now. But it's kind of interesting, since this guy earned an Oscar Academy Award in a Supporting Role in Inglourious Basterds. That's amazing, and I haven't seen that movie yet. Maybe I should? Just incase this guy does get chosen to play the new villain in the Marc Webb-directed "Spider-Man" reboot? But who will he play as? Well a lot of articles are rumoring around that he might be getting the role as Dr. Curt Connors, or as we all know him as The Lizard from the comics.

Wouldn't that be cool to finally see the Lizard on the big screen for the first time? Well my feelings of that isn't so neutral. I do want this actor to be in this movie, but the thing is I don't want the Lizard to be in this movie. Why? Well I feel since this is the first of the reboot series, I want the Lizard to maybe appear in a sequel, just so this movie can take time to develop Dr. Curt Connors as a good human being at first. I feel like they will rush his mutation into the Lizard, and we wouldn't relate or feel for the character afterwards. Do you see what I mean? Well I don't know, it's just my opinion. And if they do his character right in this movie, and then maybe I will think otherwise. But for now I am not so keen on the idea of the Lizard being the first supervillain in this new Spidey series.

So that's all I want to bring up. Interesting news? Well leave a comment below and let me know what you all think about this. Should Waltz get a role as the new villain for this movie? Well debate on, good Spidey fans!

~ Gobbie's Out! ~

No comments: