Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sam Elliot And John Slattery In The Running For J. Jonah Jameson!

As shooting day approaches, Marc Webb and Francine Mailer are working around the clock to fill the remaining roles in Webb's upcoming Spider-Man reboot. We have our Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), our Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), and our villain in the form of the Lizard (Rhys Ifans).



The last major role to fill is apparently J. Jonah Jameson. WhatsPlaying report that Webb has met with up to a dozen actors for the part. Two names they know are Sam Elliot (Ghost Rider, Hulk) and John Slattery ("Mad Men", Iron Man 2). Both have CBM experience and would seem like good fits for the part. Although I think many fans will find J.K. Simmons' portrayal of Jameson in Sam Raimi's previous movies hard to beat.

Apparently Webb will be looking to cast the role, as well as other as yet unrevealed ones over the next few weeks.


I have to agree right there about J.K. Simmons. Anytime I think about ol' J.J.J., J.K. always pops up into my mind. It's going to be hard to beat what that actor already accomplished in the previous films. But I don't know, I have high hopes that Sam Elliot gets the part, because he's one of my favorite actors, and he also has the right look too. But maybe John Slattery could provide a great performance, maybe better than Sam. Even though I like Sam Elliot, he's always a slow talker (not to be rude), and J. Jonah Jameson is always yelling to the top of his lungs. Maybe I need to watch "Hulk" again, because I barely remember that movie, and that should be a good thing too. So maybe John could be the better pick? Well whoever one they pick, I hope they serve up a great performance! Anyways, please leave your comments at the usual place below!

~ Gobbie, Out! ~

No comments: